Beratement Of My Town

Discussion in 'Rulebreakers' started by coolepicbuilder, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

Today one of my assistants tried to recruit a new server member into Boston, and in doing so was met with beratement towards my town in global chat. Everyone used to call my town Boxton back in preRetro because I didn't put enough effort into making pre-builts and instead built simple stone towers. However, I have tried in Retro to build a nicer, more detailed and more accurate depiction of IRL Boston. People have called Boston "Boxton" again however most do this in a joking fashion.

However it irks me when people say my town is Boxton or reach towards that implication in a serious manner.

When my assistant tried to recruit said new member, staff members of Brimwood quickly berated Boston, making fun of my builds (calling them boxes) and speak in a tone that mimicks childish bullying you see in Elementary School (my x is better than your y). They also threaten war against my town, and act in a harassing manner (another thing I would like to mention: as proof of the "my town is better than yours" mentality, my members are called Neanderthals). war.png

However, today wasn't an isolated incident. About 10 days ago the staff of Brimwood again berated my builds by calling them "hollow shell tall buildings." I am almost certain that this is rooted in jealousy and the staff of Brimwood treat town recruitment and population as a vicious competition and will cross over red lines in order to recruit a Roamer.

2019-06-08_19.18.37.png

I did not write a forum post about that incident 10 days ago. I wanted to talk it out with mrrock in hopes that he would stop berating my town (to which he apologized). However, seeing that the apology was empty I was implored to make this post in hopes that the staff of Brimwood will stop berating my town over a roamer.

In the first screenshot is the incident which took place today. I was not on at the time, however the person in question originally joined my town and then left to join Cayman. In the second screenshot, I was also not on however instead about being recruitment this seems to involve the metrics in decided who has a better town.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RarePear

RarePear Owner Owner

Thank you for your report! As we strive for a positive, and safe, environment on the server- we do not tolerate negativity and/or drama. This will be further investigated and discussed before any action is performed.

3. Sabre208

Sabre208 Co-mayor of Brimwood

if you'd like i can answer some questions as i was here for both instances.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  4. Sabre208

Sabre208 Co-mayor of Brimwood

This is the official statement of the brimwood staff:

I will be going through complaints in the order they were presented in the original post

First the implication that we think we are better than Boston is untrue we acknowledge both of our towns are very different in theme and cannot be judged in the same manner. The comments on empty shells and boxes are more than likely because the difference in build preferences and are in no way meant to condemn or scold you or your citizens. As for the harassment and war comments it stemmed from mrrock welcoming the new member and offering a tour to which one resident from Boston said no come to Boston its better. Of course I don’t have any screenshots but that’s what I remember.

In the case of my Neanderthal comment it was not directed at Boston residents rather everyone making a fuss in front of the guest. In hindsight I shouldn’t have said it because it could be taken the wrong way as it did.

Thirdly the incident 10 or so days ago was resolved with us agreeing to apologize if you talked with your residents about the inactivity comments made about our town.

This brings me to information exposition, we were not fighting over this resident we do not really care who has more residents. We were surprised that we were the top town for a while, but our actions are not rooted in jealousy. We are running out of time to get the 32 resident milestone due to the amount of people that joined brimwood and never came back. We have a lot of people who will drop off within the next month. It was decided that we’d refocus our town to a build project after that happens to make our town really fleshed out and fun. This is why I wish you would’ve came to us first for us to explain our motives instead of posting a hit piece with suspected motives stated as a matter of fact and calling us childish when we weren’t serious about any of it. If you don’t want to believe that it’s fine but that’s the truth.

Sorry for the run-ons I did this at work on my phone

Sorry ghost for the inconvenience

Sorry coole for the miss understanding

If any more discussion is needed my discord dms are open

Thank you for your time :D

Sab out

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

I am willing to forgive the town of Brimwood for its actions, assuming that this was one big misunderstanding and any actions leading up to events such as what is photographed above are mitigated.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. RarePear

RarePear Owner Owner

It seems that this has been resolved. I would ask to refrain from similar behavior in the future on all ends so that we can continue to pursue the safe, drama-free, environment that we aspire to create on this server. I appreciate the maturity in both of you working to resolve this. Thank you! :skype_wink:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.