Fix Voting And Interest

Discussion in 'Ideas/Suggestions' started by coolepicbuilder, May 10, 2019.

1. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

So if you haven't been living under a rock, you know that voting is 70 mirs a day. And let's be honest, that's awful.

Now you might be asking yourself: "why do I care?" I personally believe that voting being 10 mirs each site instead of 20 has lead players to avoid buying goods and instead gathering them for their own. This is bad for three reasons: 1) This detracts from players interacting with other players and henceforth leads to a weaker community, 2) more time has to be focused gathering specific materials rather than specializing in one thing, and 3) this makes shop plots useless (because no one wants to buy anything).

I think that this is all due to the fact that we aren't given enough money from voting to spend on goods. On the old server, we had a vibrant economy under 10 voting sites for 20 mirs each. I think that we can reachieve that with 20 mir per voting site.

I would also like to propose removing the $100 added from your first vote. It is clear that people who bring in new players (for say, making a town) can pool in $370 from each player as soon as they join. This is clearly unfair.

Lastly, I believe we should enact interest to be 2.5% online and 0.5% offline. This was outlined earlier in a forum thread by Ghost however it hasn't been enacted. With players making tons of passive income off of the bank I think it is best to lower interest rates to these levels.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MinerSmall

MinerSmall Mayor of the Cayman_Islands

I think a lower vote rate encourages people to spend money carefully and increasing it would just create inflation, effectively nullifying the increase in revenue. While I do agree eventually the interest must go down, I think for the moment 3.5% is enough to let people with lower balances somewhat manage to buy items.

3. q4u5

q4u5 A Member

Lower voting rewards encourage the players to pool, and possibly not buy a town. An interest reduction, however, is definitely necessary, possibly under 2.5 online .5 offline

• Like Like x 1
  4. MinerSmall

I do agree the offline rate must go down but I support the online rate, It means players who only have ~1000 mirs in the bank can still have an okay income from it

5. q4u5

q4u5 A Member

Yeah, keeping online rates high could definitely help support those who are always playing the game. My big issue is with people who haven't been on in months having an insane amount of money

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. _Cipher_

_Cipher_ New Member

Id support a separate rate of online and offline if there was a way to check if a player was online in the past 24 hours when calculating interest. Otherwise its unfair for active players to miss out just because theyre unable to be on at 1pm est

• Like Like x 1
  7. q4u5

q4u5 A Member

If it were possible, I'd want a count of time online in the last 24 hours, and a threshold of say, 20 minutes, in order to calculate if they get online or offline interest, in order to prevent them quickly just popping on

8. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

I think this would be a good idea. We should also make it so that afk'ing does not count as play time.

Lastly I think we should cap earned interest at 10,000 mirs also.

9. MinerSmall

I absolutely love the idea of a threshold time to get interest and not counting afk time, for a lot of people interest comes at an awkward time so its hard to be on at that exact time. However, i really really dont think such a plugin exists however considering like half the people on the server can code to plugin standard, maybe we could make our own custom plugin? i know for a fact there are plugins which log how active people are and the last server i was on had it successfully.
    I dont agree with a 10,000 mir cap though, firstly because i really think its people who are the 1%ers who are driving the economy atm and if you remove their income it'll slow down investment and secondly because it advantages people who have alt accounts and could abuse the cap