Make The Forums More Active!

Discussion in 'Ideas/Suggestions' started by coolepicbuilder, May 30, 2019.

1. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

Hey everyone,

I want you to look around the forums, and tell me how active it is.

It's pretty dead, right?

I think we can all agree that everyone here has mitigated over to the discord due to convenience. However, I'd argue that although this convenience is beneficial to your regular player, it is an unforeseen negative on the server.

Why?

What most players will see when wanting to join a server is their forums. If they see that the forums are dead, it is safe to assume that their community is dead. Although for us this is not the case, for the outsider this can be seen as such.

I think that if we want to make the forums more active, we should remove all text channels and instead place them over on the forums. For some this may be inconvenient, however this would certainly make the forums more active and would give the appearance to outsiders that we are an active server and community.

We should also bring back roamer apps so that we can filter out trolls/griefers. For those who truly want to join, they can experience the forums and get drawn into our community. And again, we can reduce the troll population (although some will probably come through).

I know there's going to be the doomers who proclaim "This server is going to die out anyways" and those afraid of change. However, I believe that if we implement a shift from discord to the forums and implement roamer apps, I believe we can Make Craftyn Great Again!

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MinerSmall

MinerSmall Mayor of the Cayman_Islands

Doom Dooom Dooom, but seriously it's a good idea, but I'd say maybe keep some uses on the discord

3. Pocket_Support

Pocket_Support New Member

What you posted sounds like a good idea. I'd recommend making chats such as "questions" and "suggestions" more active on the forums since that might be what people seek out the most.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MinerSmall

(continues to use discord)

5. Pocket_Support

Pocket_Support New Member

It's kinda hard not to when it seems like no one else is going on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MinerSmall

I know, its kind of frustrating

7. MinerSmall

Because noone wants to be the first to move over

8. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

Well I'm moving over honestly

• Useful Useful x 1