Voting Sites

Discussion in 'Ideas/Suggestions' started by MinerSmall, Jun 20, 2019.

1. MinerSmall

MinerSmall Mayor of the Cayman_Islands

I don't think its a secret to anyone on the server at this point that we have a roamer shortage and it's not going away very quickly. In the long term, updating to 1.14 would help to alleviate this pressure but I appreciate and understand that at the current moment this is not possible. Instead, i think as a short term solution we should add additional voting sites (in particular https://www.planetminecraft.com). Now, adding these as normal votifier sites would almost certainly cause hyperinflation and kill the server economy, which is why i propose these sites be added without voter rewards (yes i know this is going to be unpopular) but nevertheless would drive more traffic towards the server. I believe for the benefit of the server we need to actively encourage more players to the server and voting sites are a major driver of this, to shun doing so because you don't receive a reward is quite frankly selfish and destructive to the server, and therefore we should advertise ourselves as much as possible across said sites. While this may not be the best, or most popular solution to the ongoing 'roamer drought', it is a solution nevertheless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. coolepicbuilder

coolepicbuilder Mayor of Boston

I think that having more voting sites w/ votifier rewards will increase interactions with the economy, as players have more money. Prices won't go up in the immediate future as the market will be in the short run, however maybe in the long run.

I would also love to have more people join as the server feels depopulated at the moment.

I do not agree with voting for free. I am training Google's neural networks on autonomous vehicle vision so I think I should get paid an extra 10 mir right?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mrrock141

mrrock141 New Member

I mean not a bad idea for a short term solution. I'd be willing to vote on it without receiving the 10 bucks to try to get more people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MinerSmall

In the long run 10 mir wont matter but an extra person will, they could be the next mayor of the biggest town or nation!

5. Tannthekilla

Tannthekilla Mayor of Rogueport, King of Aura Helper

Id definitely vote on more sites for advertising purposes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lemonyyy

Lemonyyy Professional Sleeper

Or the amounts could be adjusted so that at the end you still get 70 Mirs, instead of some being rewarded and some being reward-less.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. MinerSmall

its just a lot of effort to add it to votifier and change all the rewards

8. RarePear

RarePear Owner Owner

We currently aren't pushing towards advertisement until permissions/prices/quirks are adjusted, but we'll take this into consideration when we do begin focusing on increasing players. The lack of advertisement is intentional at this moment. :skype_nod:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1